The dialog box is very similar to the dialog box used to display TMs. The following paragraphs will only explain those elements which are different from the dialog box used to display TMs (see Database Center for TMs):
· The upper and the left sides of this dialog box are the same as those for the TMs Database center dialog box.
· On the right side of the dialog box is where the details of the terminology pair which is selected in the list box on the left side are displayed. The source language and the source text are shown on the left side, while the translation language and the translation are shown on the right side.
The Details frame contains details about the source text and the translation:
Grammatical type: noun, verb, adjective, adverb, phrase, article, pronoun, preposition.
"Phrase" is not a grammatical type. Select this type in the case of those texts that cannot be characterized by the other types.
The last three types will probably not be used very often (if at all). They are included in the types list mainly for the sake of completeness.
Three check boxes for the gender: male, female and neuter. In many languages, this only applies to nouns, in some others it also applies to adjectives, etc.
Two check boxes for singular and plural. In many languages, this only applies to nouns, in some others it also applies to adjectives, etc.
In this text box, you can add categories. If you add more than one category, they have to be separated by a semicolon.
In this text box, you can add any notes.
In this text box, you can add examples of how the terminology is used in sentences or longer phrases.
Note: The Categories, Notes, and Examples text boxes are relatively small. If you double click on them, another dialog box with a much bigger text box will appear. You can view and edit the text displayed. To save any changes, click OK.
On the lower right side, general information about the selected terminology pair is shown. The difference with the database center for TMs is that there is no Info button and no History button, but just one View Images button (if any image is assigned to the terminology pair) or Add images (if no image is assigned to the terminology pair). If you click the Add images button, the Add images dialog box will appear (see Add Images). If you click the View images button, the View images dialog box will appear (see View Images).
· There are several buttons in the lower margin of the Database center dialog box:
▪ Import/Export: See Importing and Exporting TMs and TDBs.
▪ Save changes automatically:
If this box is checked, all changes made are automatically saved in the TDB. If this box is not checked, you will be asked whether you want to save any changes made.
▪ Delete: When you click the Delete button, the TU selected will be deleted after you have confirmed this.
▪ New: When you click the New button, the Add terminology dialog box will be shown (see New Terminology Dialog Box).
▪ Var.: When you click the Var. button, the Add terminology dialog box will be shown (see New Terminology Dialog Box). The source text and all its details are taken over from the current terminology pair displayed.
▪ Take over: When you click the Take over button, the translation of the dataset selected is taken over into the document (but only if the cursor is placed in the translation box of an open TU).
▪ Close: To close the Database center dialog box, click the Close button.