When the TM search has results, these are displayed in the document by default. You do not have to edit the results immediately, but eventually you will have to select a translation. There is a special, easy-to-use command to achieve this:
· Select translation (Alt+Shift+Return) :
When TUs are found in the translation memory, and you want to select a translation, locate the cursor in the translation you want to go on with and execute this command.
If you go to the next translation unit without selecting a translation, the search results are preserved, and you can go back later to this translation unit to select and edit a translation.
· Select translation stepwise (Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Return):
This is an alternative to the above command Select translation. The selection of the translation result is executed step by step rather than in one single step.
· Select translation and open next TU (Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Down):
This is a combination of the commands Select translation and Open next translation unit.
· Select translation and open previous TU (Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Up):
This is a combination of the commands Select translation and Open previous translation unit.
· Select translation and pre-translate until manual editing is required (Alt+Shift+F8):
This is a combination of the commands Select translation and Pre-translate until next TU where manual editing is required.