Make sure that you have installed the correct version of MetaTexis:
- If you run MS Word 2000, you need to run the file "MetaTexis 2000.exe".
- If you run MS Word XP, you need to run the file "MetaTexis XP.exe".
- If you run MS Word 2003 or MS Word 2007, you need to run the file "MetaTexis 2003.exe".
If you have installed the correct MetaTexis version, and if the menus are still not displayed correctly, the template file "Normal.dot" might be the cause of the problem. This file is used by MS Word to save Macros, menus, toolbars, and shortcuts. Unfortunately, it can be corrupted and produce bad crashes. Do the following:
1. Close all Word windows.
2. Look for the file "Normal.dot" on your computer (usually located on hard drive C).
3. Rename this file to "Normal.dot OLD".
4. Restart Word. (Word will create a new, clean Normal.dot.).