· New search dialog “Scout” (only "NET/Office")
· Import filter for SDLX translation memories
· Document analysis completely revised (faster, more detailed, adapted to needs of translation industry)
· Batch processing function enhanced and improved
· New feature: Coloring of segments/translation units
· Support for file types added: ResX, PO, InDesign (inx)
· Handling of very big Excel and PowerPoint files improved
· Faster treatment of tagged files (segmentation and navigation)
· Manual available in French and Spanish
· Seamless integration of machine translation engines (via Internet or local programs)
· Ready for the MetaTexis Server (only "NET/Office")
· Ready for Word 2007
· Support for further database engines added: MySQL 5, Microsoft SQL Server Express
· Document statistics revised and improved
· Support for notes in PowerPoint presentations.
· New user interface languages: Greek.
· Manual available in Russian and Polish.
· Improved handling of terminology search results (automatic lowercase/uppercase conversion)
· Improved handling of abbreviations
· Import filter for TRADOS TagEditor files (file extension "ttx”) (only in "NET/Office")
· Import filter for Windows resource files (file extension "rc”)
· Import filter for Manual Maker files
· New segmentation options (skip hidden text, set number of spaces between segments)
· Enhanced options for user-defined document types
· Improved handling for index fields
· New user interface languages: Chinese, Portuguese
· New innovative options and functions to further increase translation efficiency: Use TM as TDB, Use TDB as TM, language chain search, cross-language import
· New TDB search option: Case sensitive search
· New function to check a translation in the document against any translation in the TM
· Considerable speed improvements in all database-related functions
· Reduction of database size by 10% or more.
· Synonym handling in TDBs improved (self-defined synonym separators)
· Import function for TRADOS MultiTerm files
· New user interface language: Czech
· Several dialogs sizeable
· Improved support of Excel and PowerPoint files
· HTML options improved
· New user interface languages: Russian, Slovakian
· Inverse searching of translation memories and terminology databases
· Improved watch list saving
· Function to extract text from PDF documents
· Improved start-up behavior
· New Version for Word 2003
· Handling of sub-documents improved
· Enhanced TMX support
· Improved tag handling
· New MetaTexis version "NET/Office"
· Support for Excel and PowerPoint files: Translate Excel or PowerPoint files (only in "NET/Office").
· Access to TRADOS Workbench (only in "NET/Office").
· Faster database functions: saving, searching and importing is now much faster
· Additional database engine: You can now run MetaTexis without the database engine of MS Access. This means: Everybody who has Microsoft Word can now run MetaTexis. MS Access is no longer needed to run MetaTexis.
· New options for translation memories and terminology databases added (e.g. automatic number replaced for better search results)
· Document statistics enhanced and improved
· New support function: Send your messages directly through MetaTexis to save time and provide the support team with precise information
· Enhanced support for TMX export/import
· Many improvements in usability
· New interface languages: French, Spanish, Polish
· Support for tagged documents added: HTML, SML, Quark Express, PageMaker, FrameMaker, Interleaf, Ventura, XLIFF, OpenTag, MetaTexis language files, User-defined formats
Tagged documents which were prepared for TRADOS or Wordfast can directly be used in MetaTexis.
· Support for Chinese, Japanese and Korean languages added
· New function to analyze documents (including internal leverage)
· File menu added.
· Usability improvements: New option in dialog box General options: "Copy source if database search was not successful"; "Copy selection/word" command added
· New function: Re-segmentize the whole document